Tuesday, 28 February 2012

So it begins... my tertiary education.

So had my first day of uni today, left the house at around 9am and arrived back home at 920pm.. dat 6 hour gap between lectures =/
well... ECON1101 was cool, basically HSC economics for the first half of the course. When typing up notes, I actually substituted the lecturer's examples with Starcraft:
"Opportunity cost: The value of the next best alternative to taking a particular action. What you give up.
Example: Producing 4 zealots instead of 3 dragoons. You give up the ability to produce 3 dragoons."
Alternatively, you can use Magic: The Gathering analogies to explain economic concepts such as elasticity of demand and supply.
One of the many advantages of playing SC and MTG ^_^ 

But.. after playing (and winning) a game of Scrabble while eating pizza at the White House, I went to city and played LoL for 3 games before coming back for ECON1203- Business and Economic Statistics.. Yes, it is as boring as it sounds Urghh... didnt have any lecture buddies in there at  all =[ and the topic itself sounds so bloody boring although the lecturer really does try her best to make it seem fun... 

Oh yeah, had a 3 day camp at Collaroy. Being one of the few non-Christians there, it was quite.. odd at some moments. And there were alot more Christian activities than I had expected D= To be honest, it really did not bring me any closer to accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior LOLOLOL... But did get to hang out with some cool people, did some fun activities such as rock climbing and laser tag and stayed up all night to watch the beautiful sunrise along the beach:
That's actually the wallpaper on my phone at the moment. Not bad for my phone's 5MP camera

UPDATE for Tuesday:
Uhh.. yeah. Went to only one lecture today (MGMT1001) and initially thought I was going to be foreveralone there until I saw Nathan and Fred too :) such a lazy/easy/joke subject.. you get 20% just for attending tutes/doing homework =D but not as much of a joke as SCIF..

Also drank a bottle of cider after the lecture. I think I enjoy my cider a little too much :) never had more than 2 or 3 in one day but still... 27 year old Peter (I might want to give him a nickname.. Peter V2.7?)  is going to have some real problems controlling his drinking habit considering he's probably going to have ALOT of disposable income to spend LOL... 

...

OKAY: I think it's time to set some goals for this semester. In order of importance:
1. Get good marks (atleast a Distinction average) by revising regualrly and putting in the hours.
2. Improve my interpersonal/social skills by trying new things/meeting new people
3. Finally get a job by.. actually applying..
4.. Eat less unhealthy food and summon up the courage to convince my parents to pay for a year's worth of gym fees so I can become fully sick =D 
5. Limit my LoL games to on average 3 a day (so 21 per week max).. sounds like alot but considering I have no job and a 4 day weekend, it's going to be pretty hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment