Well.. I'm quite bored with my really really boring Business and Economic Statistics work so I think I'll make a post about Invisible Children and Kony 2012. But before then, another topic.
Arghh.. I have realised how socially fail I am when in a group of complete strangers. Like people who I know absolutely nothing about, with no mutual friends or interests... =/ I have also realised that I am unable to connect with complete strangers, and that I met all of my current friends through other people, not through randomly walking up to them and going "hi, I'm Peter." So yeah, if you drop me into that sort of environment I'll end up being foreveralone.jpg unless someone talk to me first =[ sucks right?
Actually, I don't know, maybe that earlier paragraph was just my own pessimistic view of myself and I'm actually not that socially awkward.
.........
Well, moving on.
Hmm.. yeah sure, he's a bad guy who does bad things to kiddies and doesn't afraid of anything. But it may be just the cynic in me that thinks that he can't be stopped from the comfort of a computer.. or through giving to an organisation which only spends 31 cents in every dollar received helping the "invisible children" (the rest is for salaries, travel, film making, lobbying, promotion etc.)
Like, really... think of it this way. If the local security forces, under the direction of US advisors, do manage to capture/kill him (and they've been trying for many years now), then that's awesome. But it wouldn't really be due to the millions of views or likes or shares the YouTube video gets, but from sheer luck, the soldiers' own abilities or blunders made by Kony.
So that's why I think that Kony 2012 is rather useless. Oh I take that back, it did produce some good meme images. If you haven't known by now, my sense of humour is pretty fucked up LOL (too much /b/), laughing at things many other people find offensive, disgusting and/or tasteless =D





Kony For President
ReplyDeleteniggers ftw
ReplyDelete