Saturday, 14 January 2012

Random things in a really long post

#Get ready for a really long post if you havent been warned :)#
I've prepared an objective list of pros and cons about Vietnam because I felt like it.

Cons: poverty and poor living conditions everywhere, mosquitoes everywhere, crappy net, no friends, no gym, no milk, can't go more further than down the street by myself because its dangerous/dodgy, have to share laptop with my incredibly selfish sister

Pros: ehhh.. atleast the shit here is dirt cheap.... that's really all I can think of.. oh wait.. I get to visit Singapore briefly after Vietnam :)

Okay... Sure, this place sucks but.. I dunno.. guess I'll just have to suck it up and deal with it and try to gain something from it =/ Well.. I've started reading ebooks from my phone whenever I have to visit random boring places. Mainly informative military/health and fitness texts but whatever.. knowledge is good I guess ^_^ So here's what I'm currently reading, I suggest you read them too if you're bored because they're quite good:

Starting Strength- Mark Rippetoe (barbell exercises and program... actually I haven't read it that much recently because I don't have access to a gym.)
Get Tough- W.E Fairbairn (close combat taught to British commandos during WWII)
Kill or Get Killed- Rex Applegate (US version of the above)
US DoD Interrogation Manual
Navy SEAL Physical Fitness Guide (guide to what we learned in high school PDHPE)
Ship Captain's Medical Guide (for commercial ships on long voyages without a doctor onboard)
Where there is no doctor/Where there is no dentist
The well-cultured anonymous (guide from 4chan to being "normal".. LOL)

In other news.. UAC Main Round offers released in under 5 days.. Really hope I filled out everything correctly .. Oh yeah, here are some more "holiday" pictures:

Eating expired chips like a boss
Duckies ^_^



Meh.... =/



I'm on a boat...




Anyways.. yeah. If I survive Vietnam, I think surviving back in Australia won't be too difficult... Which reminds me.. alot of my friends arent going to UNSW with me... hope we don't drift apart :( I don't know.. its just something which scares me..

BTW: I feel as if I've been using this blog as a "what I did today" sort of thing... and it sucks. So hopefully I can get the next post to be about a topic like religion or society or something bigger than myself.

2 comments: