Saturday, 31 December 2011

Obligatory end of year post

So 2011 ends as I'm typing this in Vietnam with a bunch of mosquito bites. Just bought some awesome $10 reebok leather sandals :D Hmm.. really don't know what to think of the year. Studied hard (not really), met some awesome people, attained the ATAR I wanted, ate a 1 metre pizza and started drinking. I don't know... I should feel pretty darn happy but I'm not. Pretty mixed at best.

I think it's the inevitable passing of time. The knowledge that everyday I'm one tiny step closer to the big bad world of adults and drifting further and further away from the comforting world of childhood. Scared of the future. Scared of failure. Scared.

Okay, reading that last passage.. holy shit what a loser I was five minutes ago. Fuck it, I can't wait to turn 18. Can't wait to get a real job. Can't wait to be able to make enough money to eat Italian everyday. Can't wait to... I dunno.. get married and have kids? Actually, nah what am I saying, that can wait.

Ah wells, 2012 is going to be a completely different and awesome experience, even if I try to fight it every step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment