So.. received ATAR/HSC results. Reasonably satisfied- made it into Commerce/Economics @ UNSW by almost 5 ATAR (counting bonus points). As such, didn't get disowned/discriprined for bringing dishonror to famiry :D Oh and they're funding my student exchange to the US in 3rd year uni. And I think my uncle is giving me one of his (i think he owns like 5) cars when I get Ps. Oh, and Fort street rose to 8th this year. Fuck yeah.
Another thought: dang, I guess it must suck being my sister. I mean, coming from a family/culture that values academic achievement while not being as naturally gifted but just as lazy as your own brother (feel like such a douchebag writing this =[) while being held to the same standards as him. Sure, she's rude and selfish and disrespectful but... yeah. feels bad man.
And... death. Went to a birthday party with family today. Saw (everyone thought he was just unconscious at the time) a dead person today. Honestly don't know how I feel right now... Okay, I'll explain. A not-that-close family friend (about my parents' age, mid 40s) suffered a heart attack while asleep. For about 20 minutes, everyone simply assumed he was asleep before it was time to eat. By then, he had become unresponsive and his face was cold and pale. Ambulance was called, ambos tried to revive. Ambos called for more advanced assistance and after about half an hour of trying to revive him, he was rushed to hospital. Then we all started to eat some food and I left early.
Later, I was told that he was pronounced dead. Really... that was... someone's father, someone's husband, someone's son, someone's dear friend. Life is so precious and just gets taken away just so easily. Even though I did not have a close bond with the man, I still felt rather..... empty afterwards. I still feel... it's really hard to explain.... a sense of sadness and loss mixed with emotionlessness. Really do not want to experience something like that so up close again.. Honestly can't imagine how I'd react if it was someone close to me.
Maybe I'd become Batman if they were killed by a criminal.. lol
Or maybe I'd become a killer if their murderer walked away free...
No comments:
Post a Comment