Tuesday, 30 October 2012

One more to go.

So yeah, finished my.. macroeconomics, business finance and accounting 1B exams already... only math1131 to go.

Outlook? I'd say.. low 70s on average/maybe 68 or 69 if I'm terrible. Be so happy if it were over 75 WAM but I really doubt it.
And the accounting exam today.. ARGHHH.. I'm such a dumbass. Spent the morning looking at tech news instead of actually studying. As a result, not feeling too confident in that one D: Looking at around 70%.

.. *incoming technology rant*

In other news... although it was a long time coming, the new nexus devices are out. And holy shit, those prices. Seriously bro, the nexus 4 (available in 8/16GB) has:
- a 1.5ghz quad core processor (next generation standard, the current generation, A9, is what the galaxy s3 and most other popular phones are running)
-2GB RAM
-a (slightly) better screen than the SGS3 and iPhone 5
-NFC and wireless charging, Android 4.2 etc.
The only thing it's missing is a microSD card slot and a removable battery and it would be absolutely perfect (LTE is a battery drainer and just isn't that useful in Australia ATM).


And the price... $400 in Australia. That's insane compared to the top of the line phones ATM, with the iPhone 5 16GB costing twice as much, $800 (for inferior specs too) and a galaxy s3 retailing for around $600.

Yeah, I'm a tech nerd. I've accepted it for a long time already. But yeah... dang. I want a nexus 4 now. Google/LG's profit margins must be insanely low for this product.

OH and not to mention the Nexus 10 which has a superior screen to the iPad retina and is also like $100 cheaper.

You may think I hate Apple from reading that- I dont, I just think their products are overpriced and playing catch-up on competitors that they used to be miles ahead of (iPad, iPod touch, iPhone 1 to 4 led the market when they were released IMO)

*end rant*
So it has come again to that time where I make my end of year break resolution. Remember last year's one where I said I'd watch all these movies and get my Ps and learn to pick locks... Well I eventually learned to pick locks and got my Ps but still haven't gotten around to those movies yet.

Okay, so here are the movies that I must watch because I haven't seen them before:

-Titanic (only seen half)
-The Lion King
-Matrix trilogy
-LOTR trilogy
-Schindler's list
-Godfather movies
-Ponyo

Also, I have to catch up on Naruto.. I'm like a year behind- stopped reading at the very start of the great ninja war. Oh yeah, and have to gym and get a job (ha. ha. haha.)

1 comment:

  1. Typical Peter picking locks, why am i not surprised

    ReplyDelete