Another life update:
My family just got bigpond ultimate cable installed today. The result:
And that's for the laptop. The desktop is even higher ^^ Like insanely fast, 9 ping and 37mbps :)
And yeah.. I'm starting to dislike the ECON part of my degree. I don't know, it's just... meh. Like for my accounting and finance courses, you actually interact with others and discuss problems together... that's what I actually enjoy.
Whereas in ECON1202 and ECON1102, it's alot more depressing. Do homework, come into class and watch teacher explain the questions/concepts for 55 minutes and then leave. There's not much to discuss anyway, so no one bothers talking (including me).
Also, I'm concerned about putting all my eggs in one basket as far as job prospects go. Like, economics and commerce are pretty much the same area in terms of industry so if the financial sector goes down the shitter, GG.
So that's why I'm considering doing engineering. So let's list pros and cons:
Advantages:
-There's a current shortage of engineers
-I like being in a class where you work with others rather than sit there and watch passively
-They get paid big money, refer to first point
-I'm pretty decent at maths and physics
Disadvantages:
-Adds an extra 1.5 years to my degree and 9k in debt (grand total is like 46k =/ )
-Total sausage-fest. Like the m/f ratio is insanely high. not around 1:1 in comm.
-Not as easy as some comm subjects
So yeah... we'll see.

No comments:
Post a Comment