I remember that quote from a long long time ago.. so that's why I'm doing this- because it's exactly what I wanted to do at 12:05 AM Wednesday the 21st of September 2011. After reading Colin's blog and Apollo's blog, I thought to myself "hmm... they write pretty interesting posts, I think I'll do the same."
So.... what now? Dunno. Where do I want this thing to go? Dunno. I'm just going to write whatever I feel like.
So... Fort street. Looked in my wardrobe. Saw some suits, shirts, and next to my Fort st sports uniform was a Hurlstone khaki summer shirt and blue wool jumper from year 7 (back when I was like 140cm =).
Some background information: I was accepted into the Fort only about a week before year 7 started. After I had bought all the uniforms and attended the Open Day for Hurlstone, I received a phone call telling me that there was a free spot at Fort Street. I only accepted because FSHS ranked slightly higher than HAHS and it was closer to the city. In hindsight, it sounds like such a stupid reason...
But if it weren't for that naivety, I wouldn't be where I am today, with all the awesome people that I've met along the way. Now I'm getting all sentimental and sad... :(
But yeah, this brings us back to the topic sentence of this post. Sometimes, during those mythic-rare occasions where I felt terrible at the Fort, I'd wonder whether it was the right decision to accept the offer to attend. Argh, getting emotional again. Whatever, the point is that I don't regret choosing Fort Street, because at that one point, it was exactly what I wanted.
And now, it's all over. It's been so fast. But I feel like the same 12 year old kid at the start of year 7 again, like I haven't really grown up at all. I don't know... it's hard to express. Like in the end of Spirited Away, when Chihiro matures due to her experiences, but is still just a kid. I'm sort of like that.
And now at the end of those 6 years, I may be alot taller and somewhat less introverted, but deep inside I still have the same vulnerabilities and emotions. I know it sounds like something melodramatic you'd write for a belonging story, but all I feel is an intense sense of sadness and loss inside.Gosh, I'm really going to bawwww my eyes out on Thursday...
Here's some Advice Dog to lighten the depressing mood:
Anyways, I still dont know what this blog is about, or what it is for. All I know is that it was exactly what I wanted to do at a moment in time. Maybe this will be the only post... I've tried to do as little editing as possible. For the Fortians reading this, thanks so much for everything, even if it doesn't seem like much. *cries*


No comments:
Post a Comment